FUND TRADING & CUSTODY
MFEX offers fund trading, custody and rebates. We process over 200 000 subscription, redemption and settlement of fund orders on average every month. MFEX has sub-custody of fund units with the fund company’s official custodian or transfer agent. MFEX is ISAE 3402 Type II (ex SAS 70) certified.
Trading - automated and scalable
Cash – efficient and secure
Transfers - SWIFT based
Custody with MFEX
MFEX directly opens accounts with registrar or transfer agents. MFEX does not own client assets - it holds them on behalf of its clients, off its balance sheet. Lower custody risk as no other custodians are involved in the chain. Full traceability of fund units via MFEX online reporting tool.
Segregation of the assets (units and cash)
Client assets – both cash and fund units – are fully segregated and fully protected under the Swedish law, the strictest law in the EU in terms of protection of assets. All MFEX client accounts are registered as “nominee” or “Intermediary” accounts. MFEX only manages “cash in transit” between clients and transfer agents and banks.
- Dividends paid according to fund rules - cash or units
- Separate accounts by dividend type
- Monthly corporate action calendar / pre-advice information
- Mergers, liquidations, splits
- Pre-advice sent within 24hrs
- Real-time information available on Trading Web for booked corporate actions